• The California Bander is a simple and easy way to castrate.
• The bands come pre-assembled and easy to use (Fig 1).
• Begin by slipping the left hand in the tool. (Fig 2) with the right hand, place the clip of the band into the slot of the tool. (Fig 3).
• Hold the free end of the band between the 1st and 2nd fingers of the left hand (Fig 4) Doing so will help the clip stay steady while you stretch the band. Grasp the scrotal sac and hold the tool firmly against it. Tip: roll up a towel to simulate a scrotal sack, practice a few times to get a feel for the tool and the bands.
• With your right hand, reach around the scrotal sac and grab the free end of the rubber tubing. Stretch the band a little downward and away from yourself with about 7 to 8 kgs of pull or until there is no more free stretch (Fig 5).
• Pull the stretched band around the scrotal sac. (Fig. 6) Lock the band into the clip by pulling the stretched band down the center slot all the way to the bottom. (Fig 7) When the clip is down, pull the band to the right corner of the “T” slot on the clip to lock it. (Tip: Be sure to keep the band fully stretched as you pull it round since you can’t tighten it once it is locked in the clip).
• Release the clip from the tool by slightly tipping it backward. This will leave the band with the clip attached on the scrotal sac. (Fig 8) The rubber tube does not need to come off. If you can fit your finger in between the band and the scrotal sac you do not have the band tight enough.
• Ensure loops are stored outside of direct sunlight and temperature changes.
• This tool should be used under supervision of a veterinarian.
We offer free shipping on all Australian orders over $149, any orders below are charged $16.95 Shipping and handling fee. Orders are dispatched within 48 hours. We ship with Australia Post and Startrack. Delivery timeframe:
- Standard Post: 2-7 Business Days - Express Post: 1-4 Business Days - International Post: 10-21 Business Days
Please note if you ordered several items, they might arrive in separate parcels depending on the stock level in our warehouses.
International Orders over $400 qualify for free shipping.
HOW DO I PROCESS A RETURN/EXCHANGE? Click HERE to start your return. You can return for a full refund or exchange.
WHAT CAN BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED? If you have a change of mind on a purchase we will exchange your item or refund your original method of payment provided that:
- You return the item within the 90 days after from the tracked date of delivery.
- The item has not been used and it in its original saleable condition.
WHO COVERS THE COST FOR RETURN SHIPPING? Prohorse does not cover the cost of return shipping. We recommend sending any returns in a prepaid Australia Post satchel, available at any Post office near you.
WHEN WILL I BE REFUNDED? Our returns centre is checked daily, you will get a notification with instructions for your return within one business day. Refunds and exchanges are processed the same day we receive your item back in stock. The refund can take up to 3-5 days to settle in your account.